Thursday, October 17, 2013

Orange Cousins & Simple Pleasures


Nothing like fall break from teaching to have a day out with my cousin. We don't require much. Just some time at Barnes and Nobles, Pumpkin Spice Lattes from Starbucks, and posing with oddities at TJ Maxx. We must have been in an autumn mood because we both wore orange.

I am currently dealing with a pinched nerve in my back that is sending constant pain down my leg. Not fun. I have been living in sweats for the past three weeks so I was determined to look a little bit put together for our outing. I wore athletic pants/tights because I had Physical Therapy earlier in the day but dressed them up with the shirt and boots.

Chambray Shirt: Target, Orange Shirt: From a friend, Tights: TJ Maxx, Boots: LLBean.

Thanks to all yesterday's walking and shopping, I'm spending today on the couch icing my leg. This whole experience has been very eye-opening. I have a whole new appreciation for those with back issues and chronic pain. Some days I'm positive and other days I feel like this pain will never go away. But amidst this ordeal, I have been forced to sit still and appreciate simple pleasures. Such as a savory cup of tea. Or a beautiful evening sky.




No comments:

Post a Comment