Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Summer Recap

July, August, September, OCTOBER! My how the time does fly. Another summer gone. Another school year started. My thesis is not quite finished but I'm trying to stay positive and focused in spite of a exercise-related back injury that has me on muscle relaxants and physical therapy. Folks, when it rains it POURS. That being said, the road to regular blog posts is just around the corner.

Exhibit A: THE DRESS. I have become borderline obsessed with dresses because they require little to no thought and make one instantly polished. Here is a recap of dresses that kept me smiling throughout the summer months.  Dress: Ross. Shoes: Keds. Bracelets: H&M.


Okay, confession time....the dresses below are from....THE DOLLAR STORE. I could not believe it. These dresses served me well this summer when I wanted to look nice but not too fancy. Everything else (shoes, belts, purse) were thrifted for under $2 each.


I wore this versatile black dress to a symphony concert this summer. It was at night and a bit chilly out so I opted for a scarf instead of a sweater.
Dress: LandsEnd. Scarf: Target. Pearls: Luray Caverns gift shop :-). Belt: Vintage (gift). Shoes: H&M



I have been looking for a green dress for quite some time-particularly since I like to be festive during St. Patrick's Day season. Love how breezy this dress is and how I can class it up with a blazer.
Dress: Ross. Blazer: Gift from Mom. Shoes: Prada (gift). Purse: Thrifted.



Last is this dress which I love for its combination of retro and modern style. I can use any color of belt and add a cardigan and tights when the weather turns cold.
Dress: JC Penney. Belt: Vintage (my grandmother's). Shoes: Dress Barn. 




No comments:

Post a Comment